Friday, July 5, 2013

The Fourth.

Weston has been teasing me a lot lately because I am (admittedly) really into traditions.

Anything that happens on the same day, at least two or three years in a row becomes a tradition in my book. 

The topic has come up a lot lately because growing up, I always watched fireworks from my aunt and uncle's backyard. When they moved many years ago, we obviously had to break that tradition. Don't worry, I handled it well and when Weston and I first started dating, we found a new location to watch fireworks. And we went back the next year. And the year after that. And the year after that...

Um, tradition-alert! It's officially a 4th of July tradition, everyone! ;)

Speaking of traditions, I have to share something that I can only hope will become one of our Independence Day staples from now on. Yesterday morning, my mom used this recipe from Bubble Girl Bakes to create delicious, gluten-free, dairy-free crepes for brunch! I filled them with raspberries, blueberries, and pears to make them extra festive and extra delicious. Yes (every-year) please.

After a few other fun little adventures during the day, Weston and I met up with Nolan and Nicole at our firework-watching spot. And after a minor heart attack when we thought we miiiiight have missed the show without even realizing it... All ended up being well. The fireworks we'd heard (but not seen) were thankfully not the ones we were waiting for, but they did give us a chance to find even better seats for the real deal, haha.

All traditions secure.


Thankful for this country and those who fought and continue to fight for our freedoms.

Hope you had a happy 4th!

1 comment:

  1. Yay you remembered to bring your camera! I'm glad you guys had a great fourth of july and I enjoyed seeing your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete